Colorado High School Student Dies at Desk From Fentanyl

By Matt Connelly
white table with black chairs

CBS Denver and media outlets across the state are reporting this morning on a story out of Colorado Springs involving a high school student who died at her desk from fentanyl poisoning. A teacher called 911 after the student started foaming at the mouth in class.

The tragic death of the student occurred in December 2021 and today’s news is prompted by court filings against the woman who distributed the fentanyl to the high schoolers. 

CBS Denver Reports: “Alexis Wilkins was in Federal Court in Denver on Wednesday. Wilkins allegedly distributed one fentanyl pill to two juvenile females in the parking lot of the Citadel Mall on or about December 2, 2021. They reportedly thought they were buying Oxycodone.”

Michael Dougherty, Boulder County District Attorney: “We also need stronger penalties for those distributing fentanyl and causing death. And I agree with Representative Herod it’s a public health crisis and if you agree that’s the case, then certainly we should be having stiffer penalties for those that are profiting off the public health crisis.”

🔥 MEDIA ROUNDUP:  CBS DenverDenver ChannelColorado SunGazette

🔥 DENVER GAZETTE: More than 60 organizations urge Legislature to approach fentanyl as health crisis – Denver Gazette

🔥 WESTWORD: Inside the Tricky Politics of Fentanyl in Colorado – Read More

Want More News & Commentary Like This? Sign-Up for Our Email List to Get the Lastest from Campfire Colorado

About the Author:

Matt Connelly is the founder of Campfire Colorado and Campfire Media.